Thursday, May 3, 2007

Siste April

This past Monday was the Siste April (Last of April) celebration in Sweden, celebrating the coming of spring. Here in Lund myself and most of the student population headed to the City Park at 9:00am where we sat, mingled with others and drank until 3:00pm at which time the students headed to one of various "champagne parties" being held in the city. At these parties students basically bought bottles of cheap champagne then sprayed it on each other while listening to live music in a courtyard.

Afterwards, I headed to Dennis' res where myself and the Dutch crew had a barbeque before heading out to a nation for the rest of the evening then an afterparty back in our corridor in res. Needless to say it was a long, but fun day!


Ivan getting fired up for the festivities


The scene in the park


Ewout, Ivan, myself and Hanneke at the park


Dennis after having a couple drinks...


Gigantic waterpipe


Blurry picture of Ivan, myself and Suwei at the nation - apparently I have a gold tooth...

No comments: